Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Since I haven't written for a while....I better do it!



Well, I don't know when I can get back to this because....ta da....I have to have back surgery tomorrow. After a long time going to the chiropractor and physical therapy I decided (at Chris' urging) to get an MRI. Low and behold I have a cyst on my spine. Because it's causing me a great deal of pain in my lower back, right hip and down my right leg I've decided I should just go for it and git 'er done. The cyst squeezes on the sciatic nerve and that's what is causing a lot of the problems. I'm thinking that so many years of sitting at the dental lab working was not good for me at all. I'm wondering if this is work related. Thank goodness I don't have to worry about that anymore since I'm not employed by Arrowhead Dental Lab now.

So, that brings me back to what I'm doing these days to try and earn money-namely my broken china mosaic hearts. I posted a close up view of one of my most complicated ones. Now I'm going to throw in a few pics of some of the others. I'm not sure if I explained this before in my earlier post but each one is named after a famous herione in literature. So, they have special meaning. The close up heart represented Meg March from "Little Women". I thought this would be such an easy task as there are thousands of worthy women to enjoy reading about. BUT (a huge but) I soon realized that I have to worry about copyright infringement. So, needless to say, I've had to research my subjects well and try to keep to the later 1800's and early 1900's-trying not to have anything too current. I would love to work on getting some approval from more recent authors but I will have to see to that later.

I'm not too great at placing the photos in my blog yet sooooo please forgive me.

No comments:

Post a Comment