Sunday, May 3, 2009

I try a new venue....ETSY



Okay. So, I decided to try putting my hearts on Ebay and told Gracie about it. She said that a site called Etsy would be a lot better. No, I don't know what Etsy means or where they got the name. Anyway, it's a site/store that sells original art, etc. If you key in "mosaic hearts" you can find my first item. It's Hester Prynne from "The Scarlet Letter". I had to pick a shop name-so I picked laughinghorse. I'm sure no one will remember that I have a laughing horse design that I put next to my signature on one of my paintings. It's the painting I did of the lion at the Utah state capitol building. I never realized that that would come in handy some day.

I'm hoping that this will be a good thing for me. When you think about it it will be seen by people all over the world. I'm going to add more of them next week. Plus I'm going to put my prints on there as that could be a good way of selling them. Keep your fingers crossed. It sure is a lot easier than calling and pestering people. That's what got me burned out on my art business before.

Other than that....the newest thing for this week is that we got Tom settled into the Sunrise care center. I think it will be a good thing for him and a lot easier for the family. Just for fun on Easter I took some pictures of some of us frosting Jan's cookies on Easter. This is the last picture taken of Tom while living permanently in his house. Very sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment